This page allows users to review the delivery status of every email that is sent from their Risk Management platform account.
Only users with the Administrator role can access the Email Log.
- Select Email Log from the Administration menu in the platform navigation bar
- Use the Search box to filter the list by To address or Subject
- Click Advanced next to the Search box to filter by multiple criteria, including date range and delivery status
- Click Export to download a spreadsheet of the email log as it is currently filtered
- Click the Subject of any email in the log to view the delivery status for all recipients of that email
The Server Status column of the report contains details about the delivery status of each email. Due to the complexities of electronic mail routing, it is not always possible to determine whether an email was actually delivered to a recipient. Statuses will indicate any error or success messages that are returned from the destination server when an email is sent.
- Sending: The email has been queued or sent, but a response has not yet been received from the destination server. Statuses are updated every 15 minutes.
- Delivered [date]: A successful receipt response was sent from the destination server.
- The recipient's email server couldn't deliver the email: This status indicates a 'soft bounce', or that the email could not be delivered for possibly temporary reasons. Possible reasons include:
- Recipient's mailbox is full or over quota
- Unable to contact the recipient domain
- Email delivery is being throttled by the recipient server
- The email address is invalid: We received a 'hard bounce' response from the destination server indicating that email sent to this address will never be delivered. To protect the sending reputation of our domain, we will stop attempting to deliver mail to addresses which have 'hard bounced'. Possible reasons that emails are rejected include:
- Spam identification rules on the destination server
- Firewall configuration at destination server
- Recipient reported an email from the domain as spam
We will attempt to re-deliver emails that have 'soft bounced' a number of times at intervals. If subsequent attempts are also undeliverable, the email will be 'dropped' and no further attempts at delivery will be made. Any future emails sent to the address will be delivered normally with no intervention required.
Addresses which have 'hard bounced' require action before delivery will be restored. Refer to this FAQ article for instructions to restore email delivery.